Self-drive boating holidays
From Cap d’Agde to the Camargue, only a thin strip of white sand separates the Mediterranean Sea from the canals and lagoons that you sail through. From Lattes, just outside Montpellier, enjoy going for a dip at Palavas-les-Flots.
Where sand and sea meet, stands the Cathedral of Maguelonne, while in the seaport of Sete canals crisscross the picturesque old town. On the Bassin de Thau you follow the canal through the middle of oyster beds to arrive in Agde, originally founded by the ancient Greeks. From Lattes you can head along the canal du Rhone a Sete: proudly rising above the lagoons and salt flats of Midi is the fortified town of Aigues-Mortes, founded in 1240 by St. Louis. In the Petite Camargue you can visit the typical fishing village of Le Grau du Roi, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, the splendid abbey church of St-Gilles and Beaucaire with its great keep looking down on a maze of medieval alleys.
- Enjoy a dip by Palavas-les-Flots.
- In the Petite Camargue, visit the typical fishing village of Le Grau du Roi, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, the splendid abbey church of St-Gilles and Beaucaire
- The hiring of the boat with all its equipment, crockery, cutlery, bed-linen and towels.
- Navigation toll.
- The insurance for the boat.
- One gas bottle of 12 or 13 kg, according to the country (The first one is free, the others are to be paid for).
- The Captain’s Handbook.
- Boat handling instruction and orientation on the departure day.
- Technical assistance 7 days a week (during opening hours).
- The fuel costs are to be paid directly to the base when you give the boat back depending on how many hours the engine has run (hourly flat rate). An advance for the fuel will be requested by your departure base. This advance will be deducted from the amount really due, as shown by the hour meter when you give back the boat.
- Navigation guides, with comprehensive information and very useful for the preparation of your cruise.
- The cancellation plan (optional), 4 % of the hiring price.
- Anything and everything not mentioned or specified in the inclusions.
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (In Boat)
From EUR 917 onwards per Penichettes Classique for seven days.
*2-5 person per Penichettes
Exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable..
- Locks are open in Camargue.
- When a holiday over lapses two periods, the price is calculated by the number of days in each period
- In France, it has been authorized to offer boat hire without need for a captain’s permit. After you have been given instruction in handling your craft and navigation rules you will be given a permit for the duration of your cruise.
Seven Stars of Central Europe