Canal du Midi
Self-drive boating holidays
The Canal du Midi, is declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This architectural wonder, created by Pierre-Paul Riquet was described by Vauban as “the noblest undertaking of this sort ever attempted”.
Casting off from Negra, between Castelnaudary and Toulouse, the Canal du Midi allows you to travel three centuries back in time. Sailing west the greenery-lined waterway with its century-old plain tree colonnade will take you all the way to Toulouse. La Ville Rose or Pink city, as it is known, with the Garonne River running through it possesses exceptional cultural, historic and artistic heritage. Admiring the city’s beautiful timbered houses in the old town is a delight. To the east of Negra, enjoy traditional dishes such as cassoulet, foie gras, confit (preserved meats) that will surely decorate the halls of your travel before moving on to Carcassone. It ramparts a boat view of environment which is scenic and beautiful.
This tour gives you a unique experience of self-driving a boat. Set off on your cruise in a relaxed frame of mind. You are the master on board.
- Admire the beautiful timbered houses of Toulouse.
- Enjoy traditional dishes such as cassoulet, foie gras and confit (preserved meats)
- The hiring of the boat with all its equipment, crockery, cutlery, bed-linen and towels.
- Navigation toll.
- The insurance for the boat.
- One gas bottle of 12 or 13 kg, according to the country (The first one is free, the others are to be paid for).
- The Captain’s Handbook.
- Boat handling instruction and orientation on the departure day.
- Technical assistance 7 days a week (during opening hours)
- The fuel costs are to be paid directly to the base when you give the boat back depending on how many hours the engine has run (hourly flat rate). An advance for the fuel will be requested by your departure base. This advance will be deducted from the amount really due, as shown by the hour meter when you give back the boat.
- Navigation guides, with comprehensive information and very useful for the preparation of your cruise.
- The cancellation plan (optional), 4% of the hiring price.
- Anything and everything not mentioned or specified in the inclusions.
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (In Boat)
From EUR 917 onwards per Penichettes Classique for seven days.
*2-5 person per Penichettes
Exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable..
- Locks are open every day on the Canal du Midi.
- When a holiday over lapses two periods, the price is calculated by the number of days in each period
- In France, it has been authorized to offer boat hire without need for a captain’s permit. After you have been given instruction in handling your craft and navigation rules you will be given a permit for the duration of your cruise.
Seven Stars of Central Europe