Italian Cooking, Wine & Tomato Passata Sauce Making Tour, Abruzzo Italy
7-Day Italian Cooking, Wine & Tomato Passata Sauce Making Tour, Abruzzo Italy (6 Nights / 7 Days from 18-24 June, 2017 & 27 August - 2 September 2017)
Join us on a 7-day Italian cookery tour in Abruzzo, central Italy! You will be part of a small group of people and will be able to develop your culinary and wine skills and discover the region’s off-the-beaten-track secrets.
Every year, during summer time, many families, especially in southern Italy, prepare homemade tomato sauces to use during the whole year. It is a special day in which all the family meets to participate to this important event for Italian culture and cuisine. The highlight of this tour is the chance to join an Italian family to learn how to preserve tomatoes to last all winter by making traditional delicious bottles of passata and pezzetti. You will discover one reason more why Italian cuisine is so healthy.
Day 1: Airport pickup and welcome to Abruzzo!
Day 2: Cooking pasta with Mamma, exploring Vasto’s historic center
Day 3: A fish cookery class on a trabocco, visit C6th Abbey
Day 4: Tomato passata sauce making and free afternoon (B,D)
Day 5: Learning to make sheep’s ricotta cheese at a small local artisan farm with its own creamery and Roccascalegna Medieval Castle
Day 6: Olive oil tasting, wine-tasting, pizza cooking class & tiramisu
Day 7: Goodbye
- Cooking pasta and exploring Vasto’s historic center
- Cooking classes for fish on trabocco
- Tomato passata sauce making and free afternoon
- Ricotta cheese making at a small local artisan farm with its own creamery
- Olive oil & wine tasting, pizza cooking class and tiramisu
- 6 Nights accommodation at Hotel in the historic center of Vasto or similar accommodation
- All meals and breakfasts (food, water & wine) in selected restaurants except lunch on day 4
- 4 hands-on cooking classes and associated food costs
- Daily trips and excursions
- Pick up and drop off at Rome Fiumicino airport
- Personalized cooking booklet and apron
- All transport for daily trips and excursions
- All entry fees for excursions, tours and wine, olive oil and cheese tastings
- English-speaking tour manager throughout the duration
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Passport and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Entrances fees unless otherwise specified
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on the itinerary
- Drinks not listed in the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, for example)
- The cost of additional excursions or activities
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Airport transfers.
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- GST extra as applicable
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (as per itinerary)
Meals (as per itinerary)
COST: From EUR 1695 onwards Per Person on double or single occupancy. There is no single supplement.
EXCHANGE RATE: 1 EUR = 71 INR (exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable)
TOUR DATE: 16 June & 27 August 2017
At times there may be special deals- enquire at the time of booking.