Floe Edge Safari - Perfect adventure for first time visitors to the Arctic
A 7-Day Arctic Safari exploring the floe edge - also known as the ``line of life``
Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari is a 7 day Arctic safari exploring the classic spring floe edge and viewing arctic wildlife under the Midnight Sun. This itinerary is suitable of first-time visitors, repeat visitors, adults & families, and amateur or professional naturalists and photographers. It offers an excellent opportunity for viewing and photographing Arctic wildlife, including narwhal, polar bears, seals and a variety of bird species, as well as spectacular landscapes.
Day 01: ARRIVAL IN POND INLET & PRIVATE PLANE TRANSFER TO YOUR CAMP
Day 02-5: EXPLORE THE ARCTIC THE EXPERIENTIAL WAY
Take trips to the floe edge by snowmobile and qamutik.
Engage in activities guided hikes on land and floe edge.
Snorkel and Kayak in the presence of whales (not guaranteed).
Enjoy wild life like narwhal, beluga, bowhead whales, seals, polar bears and migratory birds.
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”.
- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp
- Observe the tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds, while they rest and feed near the floe edge.
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga.
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually.
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds.
- Snorkel and kayak surrounded by sea ice.
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the Midnight Sun.
- Take in stunning panoramic views of cliffs and glaciers.
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on land and 1 night in Pond Inlet hotel as per the itinerary.
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners as per the itinerary.
- Services of Inuit Guides and expedition staff
- Return charter flight from Pond Inlet to the camp
- All transportation for duration of stay in camp and in Pond Inlet
- Use of kayaks
- Drysuit, mask, fins, hood, gloves for snorkeling
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Accommodation in Ottawa before or after the scheduled itinerary
- International airfare,passport and visa expenses
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Polar Clothing Rental Package encouraged
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (as per itinerary)
Meals (as per itinerary)
COST: From CAD 14125 onwards Per Person on twin/double sharing
Single Supplement: From CAD 25425 onwards
EXCHANGE RATE: 1 CAD = 57 INR (exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable)
VALIDITY: 13th May 2019 to 25th June 2019
DEPARTURE DATES: 2019: May 13, 14, 19, 20, 25, 26, 31; June 1, 6, 7, 12, 13, 18, 19
At times there may be special deals – enquire at the time of booking.
< style="color:#ffffff;" class=" center">+91 022 22828208>
< style="color:#ffffff;" class=" center">CALL US>
Murmansk and Beyond: An Arctic Summer Train Journey