Trans-Siberian by Private Train
Beijing through Mongolia to Lake Baikal and on to Moscow (14 Nights / 15 Days)
Trans-Siberian train journey by Private train is one of the the world’s most fascinating and safest train journeys. The historic section between Moscow, Lake Baikal and Beijing is the most interesting routes that cover three fascinating countries. Lean back to enjoy dramatic changes of scenery and savour a choice of Europe’s and Asia’s most superb and splendid Landscapes
Day 01: Beijing—Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square
Day 02: Beijing — The Great Wall of China and Ming Tombs
Day 03: Beijing — Departure for Mongolia — The Forbidden City and Departure to Mongolia
Day 04: Crossing the Gobi Desert
Day 05: Ulaanbaatar
Day 06: Ulaanbaatar — Gandan Monastery and the Mongolian Alps
Day 07: Ulan-Ude
Day 08: Lake Baikal
Day 09: Irkutsk
Day 10: Trans-Siberia
Day 11: Novosibirsk and Hospitality
Day 12: Yekaterinburg
Day 13: Kazan
Day 14: Moscow
Day 15: Moscow, then Departure
- Beijing’s Forbidden City
- Tiananmen Square
- Panoramic train route directly alongside Lake Baikal with photo stops, boat ride and barbecue on the lakeshore (weather permitting)
- Traditional mini-Naadaam celebration including Mongolian horse-riding show, archery demonstration and wrestling match
- Welcoming ceremony with bread and salt in Novosibirsk
- Typical Siberian villages
- Daily talks on the region’s culture and people
- Vodka tasting with Russian snacks and red caviar
- Alternating hotel nights and overnights in train compartment. Large luggage can safely be left on board.
- 4*/ 5*/ Onboard accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 14 B, 13 L, 14 D, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- Journey with guaranteed lodging in the booked category aboard the exclusively chartered train from Erlian to Moscow. From Beijing to Erlian (ca. 16 hours) accommodation in a 2- or 4-bed compartment in a Chinese sleeping car. The Chinese train does not include wagons in the Nostalgic Comfort or Bolshoi categories.
- Travel for several hours along the Trans-Siberian Railway panoramic route directly on the shores of Lake Baikal, with photo-stops.
- Tour director with pertinent knowledge of the region throughout the journey.
- Competent tour guides for each group of no more than 26 guests throughout the journey.
- Local travel guides.
- All transfers and bus tours according to itinerary.
- All excursions and sightseeing according to itinerary, including all entry fees.
- Porter service at all railway stations
- A physician on board the train (from the Chinese border to Moscow)
- Shower facilities on board the train
- Informational booklet on the region and train for each compartment reserved
- All international flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Optional evening performance in Ulaanbataar (Day 5).
- Optional overnight in a yurt in the Mongolian Alps (Day 5).
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport and Visa fees
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Personal expenses
- GST extra as applicable
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (as per itinerary)
Meals (as per itinerary)
COST: From USD 7590 onwards Per Person on twin sharing in Category II Classic Compartment
Single Use Supplement for Train and Hotel (Cat II Classic): USD 3000 onwards
EXCHANGE RATE: 1 USD = 68 INR (exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable)
VALIDITY: 13th May 2018 – 29 September 2019
DEPARTURE DATES: 2018: 13 May, 10 Jun, 06 Jul, 29 Jul, 24 Aug, 16 Sep are on request or wait list
2019: 12 May, 9 Jun, 05 Jul, 28 Jul, 23 Aug, 15 Sep are available at changed prices
At times there may be special deals – enquire at the time of booking.