Dar Ahlam, a member of Small Luxury Hotels, is a property located at the edge of the Moroccan desert. The property is gracefully made over with all modern comforts and the necessary technology and overlooks the Atlas Mountains with a palm shaded swimming pool, hammam and candle-lit massage room. For proper desert experiences, you can also stay in camps which are located in the sand dunes. In January 2015 and 2016, it was ranked No. 25 among the 100 best hotels in the world by Condé Nast Traveler in its Gold List.
Dar Ahlam is a traditional Kasbah surrounded by a Garden of Eden, for a total surface of 2ha and is located at the gateway to the Southern Moroccan desert. It is 40 km east of Ouarzazate located in a palm
grove named Skoura. It can be reached by plane from Ouarzazate airport or by road.
Dar Ahlam can accommodate a maximum of 30 guests under the following types.
Junior Suites (35-40 sqm)
9 Junior Suites with heating, air-conditioning, a fireplace.
Superior Suites (80 sqm)
4 Superior Suites with heating and air conditioning. They are communicating (2 by 2) via their private terrace.
1 Villa (150 sqm)
The Villa is built around a patio. It has a heating, air-conditioning, a main bedroom with a fireplace, one bathroom with shower and bathtub, a second smaller bathroom with a shower, a living-room with
a fireplace. It also has an exclusive terrace with a plunge pool. If required a second bedroom can be created in a part of the living-room.
- Relaxing time in heated swimming-pool (length of 25 meters), hammam, traditional bath, indoor and outdoor
- Body and face massages as well as Gommage with Moroccan soap can be programmed during your stay.
- Cooking demonstration, mule ride as well as many other surprises to discover and experience.
- Private excursions away from the busy tourist trail.
- Walking with your private guide:
- Gardens in the palm grove of Skoura, visit to the craftsmen
- Traditional mountain souk (market) which takes place every Monday morning
- Harvest of the olives in November (pressing, tasting and recipes)
- 4 x 4 with driver
You will experience a gourmet experience through the large number of recipes created by Frederick Grasser-Hermé and desserts dreamed up by the famous French patissier Pierre Hermé. Also a delicate menu, combining the latest culinary innovations with traditional Moroccan recipes, to discover according to your tastes and wishes will be served.