South Caucasus: A private train journey from Baku to Batumi with extension tour of Armenia
11 Days Private Train Journey Between Azerbaijan and Georgia with 3 days Armenia Post Tour
This is 11-days Caspian–Black Sea Adventure on a Private Train between Azerbaijan and Georgia. In this journey you will be travelling from the sunny plains of the Caspian Sea to the subtropical Black Sea coast. En route you will see the snow-covered peaks of the Caucasus mountains touch the vast blue skies of the Transcaucasian steppes. You will also notice how the Eastern and Western traditions mingle and create a unique culture. You may also include Armenia as 3 days extension post your Train Journey from Baku to Batumi.
Day 01: Baku: Skyline on the Caspian Sea
Day 02: Baku: The Old City
Day 03: Gobustan: Rock Art, Mud Volcanoes and Fire and Boarding the Train
Day 04: Sheki and Goygol: From the Khan’s Palace to the Georgian Border
Day 05: Tbilisi: From the Capital to Stepantsminda
Day 06: Tbilisi: The Jvari Monastery and Mount Mtatsminda
Day 07: Gori: In Vino Veritas, a Taste of Georgia’s Wine Regions
Day 08: Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia: Land of Castles
Day 09: Batumi: On the Black Sea
Day 10: Batumi: Paradise in the City
Day 11: Batumi: Goodbye, South Caucasus!
Armenia Post Tour
Day 11: Gyumri
Day 12: Yerevan: Lake Sevan
Day 13: Yerevan: Temple of Garni and Cave Monastery
Day 14: Yerevan: The Armenian Church and Farewell
- Journey on exclusively chartered special train.
- A unique route from Baku on the Caspian Sea, through the Caucasus mountains, to Batumi on the Black Sea (or vice versa)
- English-speaking tour manager and local guide throughout the journey
- 1 night stay in a hotel in the Caucasus mountains
- Visit Vardzia, a gigantic cave city that once housed up to 50,000 people
- Visit Historic city of Goygol, a former German settlement in Azerbaijan
- Explore Tbilisi and Baku.
- Insight into local life with visits to a Georgian religious service, vineyard, bazaar and artisanal handicraft center.
- Doctor on board
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Vagharshapat and Zvartnots
- Visit to children’s art center
- Bread making demonstration and brandy tasting
- 4 nights on board special train in booked category.
- 6 nights / 9 nights (with Armenia) in first-class hotels with double bed, and bath or shower.
- Includes 13B, 10L, 9D, meals as per itinerary (with Armenia) (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- All transport and excursions in modern tour buses with air-conditioning as per itinerary.
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sights as per itinerary
- English-speaking tour manager and guides during train journey from Baku to Batumi (or vice versa)
- All international flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport, Visa invitation letters (if required) and Visa fees
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Personal expenses
- GST extra as applicable
INCLUDED AND NOT
Accommodation (as per itinerary)
Meals (as per itinerary)
COST: From USD 5957 onwards Per Person on twin sharing in Superior Category rooms
Single Use Supplement for Train and Hotel (Superior): USD 2255 onwards
EXCHANGE RATE: 1 USD = 74 INR (exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable)
VALIDITY: 8th October 2020 to 21st October 2020
DEPARTURE DATES: 2020:
8 to 21 October 2020 (Baku to Batumi + Armenia Extension)
11 to 24 October 2020 (Armenia Extension + Batumi to Baku)
At times there may be special deals – enquire at the time of booking.
< style="color:#ffffff;" class=" center">+91 022 22828208>
< style="color:#ffffff;" class=" center">CALL US>
Trans-Siberian by Private Train